Monday, November 19, 2007

A Good And Tasty Raw Seafood


This is was when my family, my relatives and I went to one of the 5 star Japanese Restaurant, named Agehan Japanese 'All You Can Eat' Restaurant, located at level 3, Blue Wave Hotel, Shah Alam. This time, I'm having my best time celebrating my 28th birthday, along with my relatives who is celebrating theirs too.

At this restaurant, I've had a wide range of Japanese cuisine, including a yet hot bunch of known Japanese dip, called 'Wasabi', which has a strong and mild flavor, but its hot flaming feeling will feels your throat, up to your nose, if you don't careful. This is my good delicacies starter at the beginning, yet it brings me through while making me addicted for more and more spicy foods until now, and now I'm hunting for Sarawak Laksa, Nyonya Laksa and some other Nyonya cookings as it has the similar asian tastes, and quite localish, with a bit of chinese taste, i.e the noodles like the one used in Japanese cookings.

These asian cookings has the similar taste in sense of smells, aromas and flavors, which uses a lot of spice and herbs, take it as a comparison with two 'twin' cuisine, a Japanese and Chinese noodles. It has a same texture, same styles, same method of making, and quite a same name. For example, we can found both Japanese and Chinese uses a 'Ramen' for its main noodle dish. All these makes me feels like pulling myself more to the east, with a bunch and taste of herbs. Yes, herbs makes the foods better, yet tasty. You can also blames for the spices, for it too makes the same results for the Western foods for examples, take a look at the Italians.

When all these spices are blended, the result is the authentic tastes which suites your tasty buds nicely. The tasty buds may vary in difference places as well, but this times I feel my loves taking me to the east. I can say that this Japanese threat is the starter, but I'm still wondering, if there are still the others. Maybe we are still after the Raya season, where our local spices are still in the memories, although the newly Japanese welcome may be the hints. Well, until now(it's about 3 days past, we are having our celebration last Saturday), I'm still feels my buds dreaming of a well cooked noodle cuisines, with a bunch of herbs, spices, and a local cuisines, which has a sweet, sour, spicy, and a good blend of turmeric aromas. So, guess, what it would come? Haha.. A bountiful Nyonya cuisine, which include some of its famous laksas and curries, where I've just looked up at web some of its recipes - Ayam Kari Kapitan, Nyonya Laksa@Nyonya Curry Laksa, Lai Fun, Kari Ketam (Crab Curry), and some infos about the Nyonya decendants.

So, I'm still thinking what I would be cooking next, perhaps the Nyonyas, perhaps the Japanese, or perhaps the local Malay desert - I'm proud to have this one first if I could - the most important as I'm a Malay! Anyway, I'd like to have a variety of tastes, whereas my buds doesn't stick to what I am, where I am, or what I like at most. My taste always change, according to place, current events, or even the popularity of a current culture or some attraction activities of some groups about foods and something like that. If the season is about the Japanese, so there will I go! No matter how difficult to get the ingredients, I'll try. Don't think that I'm unable to find the Wasabi, cause I've found on the net on how to make it at home! Just after a few days!

More or less, I'll decide that I want to start something similar to Nyonya's favorite this week, if not being able to cook myself, I'll try to stop at Laksa Shack and try some Sarawak Laksa soon!

Today I've added some of the known fellas who have the skill cooking and preparing many of my favorite dishes, including this newly borned favorite in my life - the Nyonya style! I've added it at the left side. Happy visiting!

No comments: